Position: Web/Mobile Front End Developer
Company: Tek Experts
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Category: Information Technology
Work Location Type: WFH optional
Req ID: 8857
Tek Experts is looking for a Web/Mobile Front End Developer who will be responsible for transforming the product vision into working products and will directly influence how users will interact with the system.
In this role, you’ll join a team creating the financial services and banking industry of tomorrow, helping an innovative fintech company that is committed to transforming the retail space in Africa. Based at our clients’ location on Victoria Island, you’ll create cutting-edge user experiences.
A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
For more than a decade, we’ve been growing, learning, and helping talented people like you advance their technology careers. At Tek Experts, you’ll build your expertise while your achievements are elevated and celebrated.
We’ll be with you from the start with the training and tools to ensure you succeed. Plus, you’ll get ongoing learning and development opportunities, and thrive as part of our supportive work culture.
Being a part of Tek Experts means you can develop your career across multiple clients and technologies and be at the leading edge of development now, and in the future.
We know diverse teams make the strongest teams. Our team members come from all cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Sound like you? Keep reading to see the details of the role and take the next step in your career by applying today.
Leverage your software development skills in the financial services industry
We’re seeking a diligent developer to develop innovative applications and software. The role will involve working closely with software engineers and web developers to establish and maintain a user-friendly digital presence for the company and to ensure UX standards are upheld in the short and long term.
This will be a challenging but rewarding role that requires effective communication and collaboration as well as a keen attention to detail and the ability to learn and adapt to emerging technologies.
- Build applications according to the design and provide designers with feedback, suggesting tradeoffs when required
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards
- Work closely with backend developers to understand and properly use the system’s APIs
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- B.Sc. or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4-5 years of experience as a front-end developer building modern applications
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming
- Ability to write effective unit, integration, and end-user automation tests
- Mobile development experience with either native or web-to-native tooling and frameworks
- Understanding of APIs and how to use them in practice
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies, with experience as a developer on a cross-functional agile team, preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies
- Wants to unleash inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds
- Believes in a culture of transparency and trust
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset
- Aspirational to become full stack or deep expert
- Professional fluency in English is essential, both written and spoken