Position: UX Designer
Company: Tek Experts
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Category: Information Technology
Work Location Type: WFH optional
Req ID: 8851
Tek Experts is looking for a UX Designer who will be a key player in our Product Development Outsourcing business. Our designers love to learn and have a passion for technology. They’re known for their expertise in solving the most complex UX challenges while having fun and being part of a dynamic and collaborative team.
In this role, you’ll join a team creating the financial services and banking industry of tomorrow, helping an innovative fintech company that is committed to transforming the retail space in Africa. Based at our clients’ location on Victoria Island, you’ll create cutting-edge user experiences.
A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
For more than a decade, we’ve been growing, learning, and helping talented people like you advance their technology careers. At Tek Experts, you’ll build your expertise while your achievements are elevated and celebrated.
We’ll be with you from the start with the training and tools to ensure you succeed. Plus, you’ll get ongoing learning and development opportunities, and thrive as part of our supportive work culture.
Being a part of Tek Experts means you can develop your career across multiple clients and technologies and be at the leading edge of development now, and in the future.
We know diverse teams make the strongest teams. Our team members come from all cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Sound like you? Keep reading to see the details of the role and take the next step in your career by applying today.
Leverage your UX design skills in the financial services industry
We’re seeking a diligent designer to help develop innovative applications and software. The role will involve working closely with software engineers and web developers to establish and maintain a user-friendly digital presence for the company and to ensure UX standards are upheld in the short and long term.
This will be a challenging but rewarding role that requires effective communication and collaboration as well as a keen attention to detail and the ability to learn and adapt to emerging technologies.
- Conducts user research to discover insights, define user personas, and map user journeys
- Creates distinctive, branded digital experiences that are desirable and consistent across multiple platforms, devices, and channels
- Develops new product concepts, storyboards, detailed interaction designs, screen flows, and prototypes to clearly articulate solutions
- Creates compelling visual designs that align with company and product brand standards
- Conducts concept and usability testing to iteratively validate and improve design solutions
- Actively collaborates as part of an agile team to ensure designs are feasible and implemented accurately
- Tracks user experience metrics and reports on the success of UX improvements, including analytics
- Help the product development lead define both long and short-term vision and roadmap for digital products
- Collaborate within and cross-team to problem solve design challenges and maintain a level of design consistency and coherence across products
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in software design and development Experience in designing banking, financial services, or fintech products
- Able to plan, conduct, and synthesize user research and usability testing
- Graphical and visual design skills, able to create compelling, branded, high-fidelity product screens with a diverse set of software
- Skilled at creating interaction design solutions for desktop, web, and mobile applications
- Hands-on experience designing consumer applications for desktop, web, and mobile along with planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, and rapid prototyping
- Proven experience working in design teams in an Agile product development setting
- Able to produce high-quality creative solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Combined skills in 2 of 3 of the following: User Research, Interaction Design, Visual Design
- Creative problem solving and analytical thinking
- Professional fluency in English is essential, both written and spoken
To apply for this job please visit careers-tekexperts.icims.com.