Position: UI Designer
Company: Tek Experts
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Category: Information Technology
Work Location Type: WFH optional
Req ID: 8852
Tek Experts is looking for a UI Designer who will be a key player in our Product Development Outsourcing business. Our designers love to learn and have a passion for technology. They’re known for their expertise in solving the most complex UI challenges while having fun and being part of a dynamic and collaborative team.
In this role, you’ll join a team creating the financial services and banking industry of tomorrow, helping an innovative fintech company that is committed to transforming the retail space in Africa. Based at our clients’ location on Victoria Island, you’ll create cutting-edge user experiences.
A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
For more than a decade, we’ve been growing, learning, and helping talented people like you advance their technology careers. At Tek Experts, you’ll build your expertise while your achievements are elevated and celebrated.
We’ll be with you from the start with the training and tools to ensure you succeed. Plus, you’ll get ongoing learning and development opportunities, and thrive as part of our supportive work culture.
Being a part of Tek Experts means you can develop your career across multiple clients and technologies and be at the leading edge of development now, and in the future.
We know diverse teams make the strongest teams. Our team members come from all cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Sound like you? Keep reading to see the details of the role and take the next step in your career by applying today.
Leverage your UI design skills in the financial services industry
We’re seeking a diligent designer to help develop innovative applications and software. The role will involve working closely with software engineers and web developers to establish and maintain a user-friendly digital presence for the company and to ensure UI standards are upheld in the short and long term.
This will be a challenging but rewarding role that requires effective communication and collaboration as well as a keen attention to detail and the ability to learn and adapt to emerging technologies.
- Define the visual style and position relative to design guidelines
- Design and deliver elegant and delightful product experiences as part of a cross-functional Agile product team
- Research, identity, and articulate customer needs
- Create the wow in the solutions keeping in mind the user experience
- Clearly articulate design needs and key decisions to business stakeholders across markets and brands collaborating closely with Product Development Lead to define both long and short-term vision and roadmap for digital products
- Explore solution space and refine concepts via wireframes and detailed high-definition design
- Actively collaborate with stakeholders throughout the design and development process
- Build prototypes and design tests to validate customer needs, requirements, and behaviors
- Collaborate within and cross-team to problem solve design challenges and maintain a level of design consistency and coherence across
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent area
- 3+ years of experience in experience design
- Experience with designing quality consumer products, as well as enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a team player with a professional presence
- Well-rounded, user-centered design portfolio that spans some combination of web, mobile, tablet, and TV
- Experience with prototyping tools (Marvel, Invision, Axure), design tools (Sketch, Adobe Suite, Craft), and Graphical and Visual Design, including use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe suite, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, Sketch oр other tools for Graphic Design, Visual Design
- Experience with conducting user research, usability testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Professional fluency in English is essential, both written and spoken
To apply for this job please visit careers-tekexperts.icims.com.