Founded in 2004 to cater for Nigeria’s emerging markets, Netcom quickly became a leading communication infrastructure provider of IP networking services. We revolutionised internet access in Nigeria providing highly available SME WIMAX and VSAT services backed by global standards SLA and customer support.
As the needs of our customers expanded, so did our capabilities, and Netcom became the first private company to offer fiber access services in Nigeria. Over time we became more strategic, and our client demanded solutions to more than just Internet, which pushed us to develop our cloud, managed, and outsource solutions.
Today we specialise in transformational IT solutions for your business. We have experts in hundreds of technologies and the experience to bring your business goals from vision to execution. If you need consulting on your technology roadmap or just need us to bring your email to the cloud, we can help.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for maintaining and improving the service level, effective use, integrity, and security of the internal and external business network systems.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage and improve all aspects of Netcom’s ITO Services contracts to their Customers as an independent business line, including implementation of all existing and future additional and improved procedures, systems, and administration.
• Implement, maintain, and develop (improve) daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly and ad-hoc administration and reports with use of NetCare ticketing system and other generated data and reports as part of demonstrating delivery of the committed ITO Services and value add to the Customer.
• Monitor and manage the Open Ticket Queue for outstanding Netcom and ITO clients to achieve resolution as soon as possible and at least within SLA or committed timeline.
• Liaise with the Netcom BDD account manager to inform, coordinate and manage operational, technical, and commercial issues and opportunities.
• Keep up to date and maintain all Netcom IT hardware, software, and licenses, including up-to-date IT records (Audit, Register), and advise on necessary additions and changes during budget reviews.
• Work with the Netcom IT capability owners to further advance the IT environment at Netcom and Customer site based on best practices developed in cooperation with Netcom teams owning the applicable capability.
• Interact with the Customer representative and key staff, including Heads of Department, to establish a working relationship and ensure smooth problem resolution.
• Resolve issues that may be escalated or occur outside of office hours, e.g., MD & CEO support and escalations.
• Adhere to Netcom procedures and best practices and enforce such procedures with ITO staff deployed at Customer site or working on remote assistance.
• Ensure complete compliance with Netcom internal policy and TL9000 quality standards.
• Provide and collect feedback from ITO staff at Customer site insight & suggestions regarding improvements and opportunities in the Customer IT environment.
Essential Skills / knowledge / traits
• Server, database and application configuration, management, optimization, back up/ recovery, troubleshooting.
• IT Service Partners Scope Management and IT vendor management.
• ITIL Processes for streamlining IT Management.
• Design, implementation, and project management of IT infrastructure.
• IT Network Devices and Architecture (LAN & WAN).
Desirable Skills / knowledge / traits
• MS Dynamics 365 ERP System
• Web and domain administration
• Database administration and programming
• MPLS, VPN
Experience, Education and/or Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree education in IT preferably with well-rounded major such as computer science, information technology or management information systems.
• 5-7 years’ experience with 2-3 years leading an IT technical team
• Professional certifications such as ITIL, PMP, Prince2, Microsoft / Cisco / other OEM is a plus
• Professional development and experience in area of IT strategy and corporate decision-making is a plus.
- Healthcare Insurance (HMO)
- Paid Leave
- Group Life Insurance
- GYM Membership
- Hybrid work model
- Professional Development Reimbursement