Position: Technical Lead – Software Developer
Company: Tek Experts
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Category: Information Technology
Work Location Type: WFH optional
Req ID: 8853
Tek Experts is looking for a Technical Lead who will be a key player in our Product Development Outsourcing business. Our Technical staff love to learn and have a passion for technology. They’re known for their expertise in solving the most complex technical challenges while having fun and being part of a dynamic and collaborative team.
In this role, you’ll join a team creating the financial services and banking industry of tomorrow, helping an innovative fintech company that is committed to transforming the retail space in Africa. Based at our clients’ location on Victoria Island, you’ll create cutting-edge user experiences.
A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
For more than a decade, we’ve been growing, learning, and helping talented people like you advance their technology careers. At Tek Experts, you’ll build your expertise while your achievements are elevated and celebrated.
We’ll be with you from the start with the training and tools to ensure you succeed. Plus, you’ll get ongoing learning and development opportunities, and thrive as part of our supportive work culture.
Being a part of Tek Experts means you can develop your career across multiple clients and technologies and be at the leading edge of development now, and in the future.
We know diverse teams make the strongest teams. Our team members come from all cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Sound like you? Keep reading to see the details of the role and take the next step in your career by applying today.
Leverage your technical skills in the financial services industry
We’re seeking a diligent Technical Lead to help develop innovative applications and software. The role will involve working closely with software engineers and web developers to establish and maintain a user-friendly digital presence for the company and to ensure technical standards are upheld in the short and long term.
This will be a challenging but rewarding role that requires effective communication and collaboration as well as a keen attention to detail and the ability to learn and adapt to emerging technologies.
- Lead a cross-functional Agile team to understand requirements, product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, and retrospective
- Ensure code quality assurance
- Provide architectural and design direction
- Lead technical innovation and automation for the services provided
- Work closely with the Project Managers on the planning and execution of program development activities
- Determine project requirements and develop work schedules for the team
- Hire, onboard, mentor, and guide team members
- Hands-on and involved in the development and able to resolve code conflict, simply complexity in code and coach team members through pair programming
- Clarify technical doubts of product stakeholders
- Promote collaboration and engagement within the team
- Manage expectations with the Head of Factory / Engineering lead and other chapter leads
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience leading technical teams
- Experience in implementing customer-facing platforms with exceptional user experiences
- Stays abreast with the latest innovations and trends in technology like blockchain, open banking, etc.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work with all levels of the web development technology stack
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a team player with a professional presence
- Demonstrates thought leadership and can influence at all levels in the organization
- Knowledge of Lead and Agile software development processes
- Experience within a startup
- Strong understanding of system reliability and stability patterns
- Professional fluency in English is essential, both written and spoken