Position: Social Media Lead
Type: Full Time
We are Kingmakers, a customer-centric tech startup, dedicated to creating innovative products that entertain our customers and keep them engaged both online and through our agency operations.
Since the successful launch of our first product, BetKing, in 2018, we have continued our momentum and will soon be introducing our newest offering, SuperSportBet, in South Africa. In partnership with the Multichoice Group and SuperSport, SuperSportBet enhances the passion that sports fans have for the game with a world-class sports betting and casino experience.
As our Kingdom expands, we proudly stand as the leading Sports and Digital Entertainment platform in Africa, and we are still actively hiring an exceptional team of Creators and Innovators across Africa, the United Kingdom, Europe, and the Middle East.
There has never been a better time to join our Kingdom than today!
This is an exciting role in the new marketing organisation. This role would allow the ideal candidate to lead social media execution for BetKing in Nigeria.
You will be strategic and highly creative working to create best-in-class social media content. You will build breakthrough social content and direct all social media activities to help engage new and existing customers to drive brand awareness, perception, acquisition, and retention.
What Will You be doing:
- Own the development of the social media content calendar for all channels.
- Hands on ownership of social platform performance and reporting
- Ensuring campaigns are delivered across key channels and leading on social strategy for brand activity and campaigns, reposting on socials and findings.
- Co-ordinating organic social content across key campaigns, planned activity and ad-hoc activity. Working with the content team to deliver engaging social media messaging for all activity
- Identifying key calendar moments, campaigns, conversations, and partnerships to make an impact
- Tracking the growth, engagement, and performance of our social media accounts, as well as those of our competitors, communicating findings in a clear and actionable way to inform the wider marketing team
- Ability to deliver clear, creative, and engaging content, tailored to relevant social channels and audiences and align with wider marketing team objectives
- Support all marketing activities, including but not limited to promotions, events and exhibitions where required
- Focus on delivering fast, creative, and efficient ways to build, execute and measure innovative social media marketing plans that connect with customers, maximize engagement, and create sharing, talk value and advocacy.
- Conduct competitor analysis audits to understand how we differentiate our social strategy to stand out
- Introduce and launch new social media channels (e.g. Telegram)
- Collaborate with the central and local marketing teams on big campaigns to ensure we have a social footprint during key campaigns/investments
- Build a long-range plan for social and how we evolve our execution style with new technologies in the market
- Implement innovative ideas in ways that create significant social sharing and PR attention
What do you need for the role :
- 5+ years’ experience in social media execution
- Experience using Sprout Social and direct experience on scaling social media content to multiple markets and channels
- Experience in managing Social Media Platforms across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram e.t.c
- Hands On experience in Social Media analytics tool like Hootsuite, Facebook analytics e.t.c
- Proficient using multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite and HubSpot
- Organizational skills (for managing a content calendar, asset management etc.)
- Experience managing a team
- The ability to develop content strategies
- Experience managing budgets
- Knowledge of advertising on various platforms
How you do it – Expectations for fulfilling your role:
As a general rule at KingMakers we want people to be:
- Customer Focus: We keep the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Passion & Dedication: We are passionate about what we do, employing only smart, honest, dedicated, and results oriented team players.
- Openness, Honesty & Directness: We embrace a culture of candor and work together towards the right solution whilst being open, honest, and willing to give and receive feedback, judgment-free. We play the ball, not the person.
- Innovation & Big Thinking: We always look for ways to innovate whilst not losing sight of what’s important. The bigger we think, the more we inspire, the better the outcome.
- Ownership & Accountability: We think like owners. If we see a problem, we find a solution. We are pragmatic and always strive to do more with less.
- Speed & Focus: We plan, we strategize, but mostly, we DO. Without doing, there is no progress, we can always change direction but only if we start moving. Fast beats slow.
- Low Ego: The best solutions are achieved when we leave our egos at the door. We always seek opportunities to learn in every situation. No job too small.
- Fun: On balance, we believe in having fun whilst working. We maintain perspective as best as we can, and together, we celebrate our successes.
Beyond our great company benefits and competitive salaries, we recognize that to grow sustainably and thrive positively we need to engage the right talent because our people are a merit to our success. We have an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive and where everybody has a seat at the table.
To apply for this job please visit www.kingmakers.com.