Position: Site Business Controller
Company: Tek Experts
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Work Location Type: Fully Onsite
Req ID: 8801
We are seeking a diligent Site Business Controller to establish and achieve financial performance agendas across designated company sites. You will be working directly to support and inform a range of stakeholders.
The role will also require you to demonstrate a capacity for leadership in the areas of finance, accounting, tax, and auditing – providing you the opportunity to impact business development in a leading enterprise technical support company.
Driving exceptional outcomes with purpose-built solutions.
Tek Experts is a tech service and support company focused on delivering specialized and unique solutions for clients. We’re problem solvers, engagers, and creative thinkers who always strive to help our customers succeed.
Our agile, relationship-based support helps the largest, most innovative enterprises thrive. If you crave problem-solving, finding improvement in process, learning, and working within a diverse global team, you’re the fit we’re looking for. Join our global team of experts and grow your IT career with us.
- Ensure all site business and budget spending controls across all internal business functions are observed and are efficient and effective.
- Conduct regular on-going validation procedures for staff and vendor expenditures to ensure that all spending is in line with the established control framework and is accurately and completely reported to the relevant stakeholders.
- Perform the weekly and monthly controlling activities regarding vendor spend approvals, cashflow planning and forecasting and payroll-related validations and authorizations.
- Assist the month-end finance closing procedures and reporting deliverables.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports and analyses to management.
- Managing and performing design and application effectiveness assessment of the controls and ensuring that testing results are appropriately documented and communicated.
- Report on the outcome of the control testing and liaise with process owners, procurement and global finance on control effectiveness and improvements opportunities.
- Align the controls priorities and objectives with operational process owners and management.
- Increase & improve the risk and control awareness within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in an internal audit and/or finance controlling & reporting positions.
- Experience in identifying/auditing operational risks and controls within a wide range of business processes.
- Good knowledge about Internal controls frameworks and of fraud prevention/detection/awareness/auditing techniques.
- Good understanding of governance, risk management and controls at an operational and organizational level.
- A team player that exhibits a passion for their responsibilities and contributions to the organization.
- Inquisitive, independent work ethic, initiative, timeliness, productivity, commitment to continuous improvement, drive to develop business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language. Strong documentation skills, including process walkthroughs, narratives/flow charts, transactional testing, and report writing.
- Detail and deadline-oriented, able to prioritize work when given multiple projects and work with limited supervision.
- Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, skills, and ability to acquire and maintain skills as technology changes.
- Preferably ACCA / ACA or equivalent (preferred not required).