Position: Senior Product Manager
Type: Full Time
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
As a Senior Product Manager at SafeBoda, you will lead product development for one of SafeBoda’s business verticals. You are responsible for shaping the product roadmap, developing the product positioning, designing a product that customers will love, and owning the growth strategy for the product. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and passionate person to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast-paced company.
What we are looking for:
- Have 4+ years of experience in product management, development, and design, delivering highly successful and innovative products that customers love.
- Have an understanding of software development and agile development methodologies.
- Focused on building businesses, not simply features. Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including managership and optimization of business performance metrics.
- You are excited to become a master of our product and have great knowledge of our market, customers, and competition.
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble, and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences, backgrounds, and skills.
- Possess strong data analysis skills. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss.
- Strong undergraduate degree (or higher) with demonstrated strong academic performance.
- Excitement for SafeBoda and what we are trying to achieve.
- Lead all dimensions of product development for the SafeBoda applications: visioning, long-term road mapping, daily prioritization, feature design, development, and user experience testing.
- Be the champion of the product – make the tough calls. Support the development team and hold them accountable.
- Manage and lead a growing team and work with the CTO and Senior Leadership to steer product development.
- Oversee product testing and iteration with a strong focus on user-centered design. This means understanding the customer’s needs and being the voice of the customer.
- Communicating with stakeholders on the product, its development, performance, and opportunities.
- Serve as a customer and business proxy to the engineering team, communicating business vision, strategy, and interests to the product and engineering teams.
- Oversee product support activities and initiatives.
- Competitive salary
- Free tasty lunch every day for all staff at the SafeBoda academy
- Free SafeBoda wallet balance to take daily rides to and from work
- Life & Health Insurance
- Paid Annual leave
- A supportive team environment with mentorship from SafeBoda leadership
- Be part of a team at the pinnacle of tech entrepreneurship in Africa
- Community – we started as a small community of Boda drivers and we never forget this. We share lunch and we care about our community of staff, drivers, entrepreneurs, and customers.
- Innovation – we challenge the status quo and believe that positive change is possible. We bring solutions that constantly require us to think out of the box.
- Transparency – We are open-minded in what we do. We have candor and share our experiences openly without fear of judgment. We love feedback on our product and on our own personal performance so that we can improve every day.
- Safety – if we don’t care about safety ourselves, then how can we change our industry for the better?
- Trust – we expect customers to trust our drivers and entrepreneurs, so we need to trust one another in everything we do.
- Integrity – We hold ourselves to the highest standard and we are accountable for our actions. We deliver what we say we will deliver.
- Collective Commitment – teams and entrepreneurs are allowed to disagree while a decision is being made; however, everybody must commit to it once a decision has been made. “I agree and I commit, I disagree and I commit”.
Send an email to email@example.com attaching your CV and Application letter indicating why you are the right fit for the role. Please use “Senior Product Manager Application” as the email subject.