Position: Senior Java Developer
Location: Victoria Island Lagos, Nigeria
Category: Information Technology
Work Location Type: Fully Onsite
Req ID: 8622
Tek Experts is looking for a Senior Java Developer to be a key player in our Product Development Outsourcing business. Our developers love to learn and have a passion for technology. They’re known for their expertise in solving the most complex tech challenges while having fun and being part of a dynamic and collaborative team.
In this role, you’ll join a team creating the financial services and banking industry of tomorrow, helping one of Nigeria’s tier one financial institutions. Based at our clients’ location on Victoria Island, you’ll develop and support software applications to enable the organization’s consumers and merchants.
A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
For more than a decade, we’ve been growing, learning, and helping talented people like you advance their technology careers. At Tek Experts, you’ll build your expertise while your achievements are elevated and celebrated.
We’ll be with you from the start with the training and tools to ensure you succeed. Plus, you’ll get ongoing learning and development opportunities, and thrive as part of our supportive work culture.
Being a part of Tek Experts means you can develop your career across multiple clients and technologies and be at the leading edge of development now, and in the future.
We know diverse teams make the strongest teams. Our team members come from all cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Sound like you? Keep reading to see the details of the role and take the next step in your career by applying today.
Leverage your software development skills in the financial services industry
We’re seeking a diligent developer to design and maintain software and applications. The role will require effective and ongoing collaboration with computer scientists, web developers, and our clients to provide scalable applications with a high standard of UX.
This will be a challenging but rewarding role that requires effective communication and collaboration as well as a keen attention to detail and the ability to problem-solve quickly and effectively.
- Developing IT software solutions including APIs and microservices
- Participate in and support the Agile framework roles of planning, programming, testing, and analysis
- Provide ongoing level 2 support for IT software solutions
- Participate in technical workshops and learning sessions with IT support stakeholders to ensure the continued stability and availability of developed software solutions
- Define and implement detailed specifications in line with business requirements as informed by company and client needs
- Troubleshoot obstacles and errors quickly and effectively in a scalable fashion
- Actively seek out and implement improvements to process and development practices
- Fulfill additional tasks as required by direct management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or another related field
- At least 4 years of direct programming experience
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills as well as an ability to manage, prioritize, and execute multiple projects simultaneously and to a deadline
- Fluency in the Java programming language and the Spring framework and direct experience with Microservices and API development
- Basic knowledge of Middleware administration and Linux operating system commands
- Direct experience with MVC design patterns, enterprise integration patterns, and software project build tools such as Maven
- Experience using web technologies including JSON, XML, SOAP, and REST Web Service implementations
- Previous use of Structured Query language and major databases (Oracle database, MYSQL database, and MSSQL database) as well as the Spring Boot and Apache Camel Framework
- Experience in the finance or fintech sector is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Professional fluency in English is vital, both written and spoken