Position: Senior Internal Audit Officer
Department: Risk and Audit
Type: Full Time
- Responsible for supporting the Internal Audit function in the delivery of the Group’s internal audit strategy and plan and ensuring compliance with established policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Fostering a conscious control environment within the company by providing timely and reliable assurance on corporate governance, risk, and controls.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Implement the IA methodology for the business.
- Contribute to the safeguarding of corporate assets by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives
- Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional IIA standards and IA methodology.
- Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings.
- Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies.
- Organize and reference work papers for review by Supervisor.
- Participate in closing meetings with clients at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues.
- Perform consulting services for management through participation in projects designed to introduce new and/or changing processes, products, or facilities.
- Conduct investigations as instructed and ensure detailed evidence/documentation is retained for all findings related to the investigation
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization, including Senior Management and the Audit Committee of the Board
- Prepare and disseminate material for the quarterly Audit Committee meetings
- Conduct periodic spot checks in line with the agreed spot check plan or as instructed by Supervisor/Senior Management.
- Follow up on the progress of implementation of recommendations from audit and investigations to senior management.
- Organize relevant training and awareness sessions for members of the assurance units.
- Drive implementation of the Unit’s strategic initiatives and other ad-hoc assignments that may be required by Supervisor/Senior Management.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with all levels within the organization.
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
- Depth of knowledge in auditing standards, procedures, and related techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of information technology and its implications on business operations
- Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of data analytical methodologies and tool
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations.
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge
- Minimum of 5 relevant years of work experience in auditing (with a minimum of 3 years in systems auditing)
- Post-secondary education in IT, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, IT or related discipline
- A recognized professional designation in Accounting or Internal Auditing (ACA, ACCA, CMA, CGA, CIA, etc)
- IT Audit or Information Security Certification is required (CISA, CRISC, CISSP, etc)
- Proficient in the use of data analytics tools (e.g SQL, Power BI, etc)
- Solid understanding of risk and control concepts and the ability to apply these concepts.
Working knowledge of professional IIA performance standards regarding planning, testing, sampling, and documentation.
At ARM, our people are our most valued asset. The quality of our people is the cornerstone of our ability to serve our clients. For this reason, we invest significantly in identifying exceptional people, developing their skills, and creating an environment that fosters their growth as leaders. We encourage entrepreneurship and innovation at all levels because we believe they are key to developing good quality and committed professionals.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.