Position: Regional Risk Co-Ordinator
Type: Full Time
Key Job Functions
(Main activities undertaken by the jobholder and reflective of the most important features of the job)
- Maintain a regional and departmental risk register.
- Maintain an inventory of internal controls and map them to key risk areas based on a review of procedures and walkthroughs.
- Execution of the key risk assessments by identifying the key risks and assessing mitigating controls to determine the risk profile for the organization.
- Work with the business to conduct risk assessments and ensure the risk owners follow through with the mitigations.
- Conduct on a regular basis operational risk assessments for projects, products, and processes, and any ad hoc assessments as requested by the business.
- Development and monitoring of key risk indicators (KRIs) that are mapped to various risks to determine elevations in risk and proactively implement risk mitigation measures.
- Identify emerging risks. This includes risks associated with new products and services, customer types, geography, and channels.
- Coordinate the collection of risk information from source systems, departments, and reporting, analyze the data and apply it to various key risk areas to update the risk profile.
- Identify opportunity areas for the business and give recommendations for implementation.
- supporting the implementation of various ISO standards in business that are risk-based.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Holder of Risk Management Certification, CPA/ACCA, CISA, etc is an added advantage.
- Upper second-class degree from a recognized university.
- Risk Management certifications: Cert IRM, Dip IRM, ISO 31000 is an added advantage
- At least 5 years of working experience in a risk management position.
- Detailed knowledge of cross-functional operations and the impact of one department on another
- Excellent report writing, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Strong change and project management skills, including the ability to manage time well, prioritize effectively and handle multiple deadlines.
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The scale and impact of our work are massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset financing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.