Position: Operations Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Category: Information Technology
Work Location Type: Fully Onsite
Req ID: 8757
We’re in search of an Operations Manager to hold a strategic role in our company, overseeing the distribution of resources throughout Tek Experts. This role is accountable for monitoring and achieving all performance targets and ensuring we strategically meet all SLAs agreed upon with our clients in a global way. You will coach and develop team managers, drive overall employee engagement, and ensure financial targets are achieved while building and maintaining relationships with key client contacts.
A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
We are looking for teammates who want to be part of the tech movement. People who want to progress their career now and gain experience for tomorrow. We celebrate diversity in every way. In fact, it’s the reason we’ve grown so fast. If you like being part of a global team, are passionate about technology and creative problem solving, and want to leave a mark bigger than yourself, we should talk.
The Azure Platform Technical Support (APTS) team provides world-class technical support to Microsoft commercial and enterprise clients, focusing on the Azure cloud infrastructure. This is an experienced technical team who supports multiple products within the Microsoft portfolio, including networking, virtualization, app development, authentication, backup, and recovery. You’ll work as part of a highly collaborative team to solve intermediate and complex technical problems for medium and large companies.
This role will:
- Ensure that all targets and SLAs are met at a global level.
- Deliver the business plan, aligning customer and Tek Experts strategy while maximizing operational excellence.
- Establish and monitor operational processes to meet or exceed customer expectations and ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Implement process improvements, including change management, to enhance performance for clients or reduce costs for the company.
- Ensure the right balance of resources to maintain service delivery within agree-upon budgets.
- Drive business strategy for your site to maximize operational excellence in accordance with the overall organizational strategy.
- Implement operational processes to successfully manage site activities and seek out cost-effective solutions that improve strategic and tactical operations.
- Coach, mentor and inspire the first line management team to live the Tek Experts values and achieve high employee engagement, to work with people, to structure teams, and to evaluate team performance.
- Lead resource planning processes that grow internal talent and create contingencies for short-term capacity gaps.
- Develop and implement KPIs to measure effectiveness and ensure business goals are met.
- Build managerial capability within the management team and pipeline related to the employee lifecycle.
APTS is a good fit for you if:
- You’re technically proficient and have higher education classwork in IT or technical work, or experience with enterprise support.
- You love technology, understand it, and are adept at using it.
- You’re proficient in both written and oral English.
- You enjoy solving complex technical issues.
- You’re customer-obsessed, take the initiative, and exceed expectations.
In this role:
- 5 – 10 years of experience in technical support, software support, IT operations or infrastructure services are required, with at least 3 years of managing teams.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, projects, economics or a related field is preferred.
- Experience in supporting cloud-based technologies is helpful.
- Excellent understanding of technology-based environments and solutions is required.
- Certification in MS Azure, MCSE, CCNP, Linux, and/or in the core team technologies is preferred.
- Strong organizational, planning, leadership, and management skills to motivate and develop employees are required.
To apply for this job please visit careers-tekexperts.icims.com.