Position: Middleware Engineer
Company: Tek Experts
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Category: Information Technology
Work Location Type: WFH optional
Req ID: 8859
Tek Experts is looking for a Middleware Engineer who will be a key player in our Product Development Outsourcing business. Our engineers love to learn and have a passion for technology. They’re known for their expertise in solving the most complex challenges while having fun and being part of a dynamic and collaborative team.
In this role, you’ll join a team creating the financial services and banking industry of tomorrow, helping an innovative fintech company that is committed to transforming the retail space in Africa. Based at our clients’ location on Victoria Island, you’ll create cutting-edge user experiences.
A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
For more than a decade, we’ve been growing, learning, and helping talented people like you advance their technology careers. At Tek Experts, you’ll build your expertise while your achievements are elevated and celebrated.
We’ll be with you from the start with the training and tools to ensure you succeed. Plus, you’ll get ongoing learning and development opportunities, and thrive as part of our supportive work culture.
Being a part of Tek Experts means you can develop your career across multiple clients and technologies and be at the leading edge of development now, and in the future.
We know diverse teams make the strongest teams. Our team members come from all cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Sound like you? Keep reading to see the details of the role and take the next step in your career by applying today.
Leverage your engineering skills in the financial services industry
As a middleware engineer, you will be responsible for building and exposing services in the middleware layer and the API gateway layer, for maintaining the services on the enterprise service bus, as well as configuring new services.
You’re also responsible for ensuring the right versioning is in place for the dependent systems of the downstream applications. The middleware engineer also integrates with downstream applications and third-party providers to ensure the channels are abstracted from any of these dependent systems. They are responsible for creating any queues in the middleware for specific use cases.
- Work cross-functionally as part of the platform team designing/creating/deploying APIs, new data transformations, webservices, and supporting production operations
- Implement monitoring and scalability for the middleware services and application
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture to set clear goals, delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Configure the queues on the middleware technology stack
- Create, deploy, configure, support, and troubleshoot issues with networked application environments
- Responsible for configuring the middleware services in multiple environments and testing the capabilities exposed by these services
- Exposes all required services for the client journeys timeously
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4-5 years of software design and development experience along with 2-3 years of experience in applying modern frameworks and patterns to build highly scalable enterprise SaaS applications
- Strong Java/J2EE experience, Hibernate, JMS, Spring (Core, MVC, Integration), REST APIs, MySQL
- Strong practical knowledge exposing services on middleware technologies such as IBM MQ, etc.
- Good knowledge of integration patterns with third parties and downstream applications
- Extensive experience on how to map XML and other data structures to JSON-based response objects
- Practical knowledge of queue technologies, with working knowledge of how to configure the queues and integrate with upstream systems
- Familiar with SDLC tools (working knowledge of Agile software development a plus)
- Ant, Maven, Git, SVN, Jenkins, Travis, Puppet, Ansible, Docker knowledge beneficial
- Experience with Agile methodology, source control management, and automated testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Banking industry experience is a plus
- Professional fluency in English is essential, both written and spoken
To apply for this job please visit careers-tekexperts.icims.com.