Position: Manager, Talent Acquisition
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society. With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement — all grounded in learning science — to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curriculum and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behaviour change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming. NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems. NewGlobe’s work is all-encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe — a more equitable globe — to join us.
Talent Acquisition is responsible for bringing together purpose-driven, inspirational talent from diverse backgrounds to ensure we have the right team to deliver on our goals. We are proactive and data-driven problem solvers, and actively work as ambassadors for our work, sharing our successes, and inviting selected leaders to join our teams. To deliver on the promise of empowering teachers to succeed, and supporting all children to learn, the work all our teams do is all-encompassing. We need team members who are ready to challenge their minds and hearts each day.
We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe, a more equitable globe, to join us. We are rigourous in our section and evaluation processes, and then own a very warm welcome to those who join us, ensuring successful onboarding. We deliver excellence in candidate and new employee experience throughout this process. We pride ourselves on seeing the team members we bring build long-lasting and successful careers with us.
About the Role
As the Talent Acquisition Manager, you will have the opportunity to join and shape a fast-scaling global organisation by developing a highly effective talent pipeline for all positions in the program. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to multi-task and take ownership of the current talent acquisition process from the get-go.
You’re an extremely effective communicator, both written and verbal, and are energized by interacting with people, building relationships, and networking. These things come naturally to you and are what you crave in your working life. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The candidate is equally comfortable as an individual contributor as well as a leader who can drive the efforts of a team.
What You Will Do
- Work with hiring managers and their teams to oversee recruitment efforts.
- Partner with department leads and the People team for internal hiring efforts (internal recruitment is the assessment of employees for different or more senior roles).
- Use social media, job boards, internet sourcing, and other technical means to source candidates for open jobs for current open roles and identify future talent needs and proactively recruit and source candidates.
- Manage the recruitment process and life-cycle, including initial assessments, interviews, and offers.
- Guide hiring managers and decision makers by providing valuable insight and hiring and employment data.
- Manage relationships with recruiters, academic and professional groups, and with a wider audience through use of social media and other targeted outreach to key audiences; including coordination of on-campus recruiting, job fairs, conferences, and other opportunities to connect with audiences interested in for-profit education space.
- Leverage a candidate experience focused; coach and mentor a team on meticulous candidate management using an applicant tracking system to track applicants from the selection phase through to on-boarding.
- Create and deploy various hiring strategies and initiatives – around sourcing and hiring practices, talent attraction, employer branding, outreach and partnership programs and internships.
- Review current processes objectively, and relentlessly focus on iteration – across quality of hire, time to hire and experience.
- Candidate experience focused; meticulous candidate management using an applicant tracking system to track applicants from the selection phase through to on-boarding.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree with superior academic performance.
- 3+ years within Talent Acquisition; we particularly value experience in extreme growth situations.
- Extensive headhunting / direct recruitment experience, particularly with building diverse teams.
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven Talent Acquisition organization (in-house / corporate or agency), as well as in designing and implementing talent acquisition solutions encompassing talent attraction and outreach programmes to build for longer-term talent pipeline.
- Curiosity, grit and a relentless spirit to uncover talent across Nigeria.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining senior stakeholders, internally and externally, demonstrating the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations for hiring partnerships.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience,
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.