POSITION: Maintenance Lead
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non-management
REPORTS TO: Line Lead
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary package + excellent benefits
LOCATION: Ibadan, Nigeria
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Maintenance Lead is responsible to “lead” a Team of Equipment Owners and Technicians for an Operating Line, Lines, or Making/Packing Operation. This is a pivotal and critical manufacturing role responsible for delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale – results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need by rigorous application of RTT/ IWS tools. He drives and coordinates PM systems for own lines within the shift aimed at implementing scheduled maintenance tasks and fixing of identified defects to eliminate breakdown/maintenance related losses. 95% of individual’s time will be spent on the Operating Floor working with the team. This is the ultimate role during a shift.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
Role model leadership, inclusion, and 5E’s
- Coach and develop Technical and Operating Team
- Support execution of personnel systems to grow capability of Technical and Operating Teams (skill blocks, team skill matrix and training plan, monthly assessments, confidentiality of data, time sheets, and time administrator)
- Perform monthly performance review with Operating team per defined and agreed scorecard/PAP.
- Responsible for driving project delivery and execution within own shift, on Lines and Cell.
- Flow to the work as needed to meet the business need
- Work with other Module leaders to maintain cohesive, responsive, flexible organization
- Lead interface with contract organization for support / issue resolution for Shift Team
- Lead the Shift Transition Meeting and Planned Stop huddles/critiques, per the Site DDS DMS
- Participate in monthly/Quarterly department leadership meetings
- Conduct monthly team briefing and meetings with direct reports
- Familiarize oneself and complies with all applicable and relevant business processes, procedure and policies.
Rigorous application of IWS tools / execute standards
- Deliver Shift Team capability for Run to Target DMS execution
- AM single point contact for the Shift Team. Includes RTT DMS, step progression, and maintenance of standards
- Lead Shift Team through the IWS Phase Journey
- Coach Shift Team and support resources to comply with established standards and document standards for improvements made
- Deliver Shift Team capability for Changeover execution per Standard Work Practice at target time
- Support development and lead portions of loss elimination plans using IWS tools
Deliver PQCDSM results for Cell
- Understand, follow, and insure compliance with QA and HS&E Key Elements Eliminate Root Cause of any outages
- Drive breakthrough results in Process Reliability, Planned and Unplanned Downtime while delivering against the Master Production Schedule
- Lead issue resolution “to Root Cause” on the floor of chronic stops
Shift rotation with off-shift and weekend support subject to prevalent shift pattern and as dictated by business requirements; this could include call-in support in extreme cases. Travel less than 5%.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- The role holder will require an expert knowledge of cigarette making or packing machinery with at least 5 years of “hands on” experience of running these machines in a production environment, thereby gaining technical mastery of equipment and can develop it in others
- An academic qualification in City & Guilds (Engineering/Manufacturing/Transport Maintenance), NABTEB (Technical Trade), or National Diploma (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics) from a recognised institution
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- A strong working knowledge of technical training, fault finding, troubleshooting techniques on both Making and Packing machines will be essential to the success of the role. Overall strong technical skills.
- Knows how to benchmark with colleagues and influence people to deliver on common goals
- In addition, a good understanding of mechanical processes, both hands on and theory will be required.
- Understanding of storeroom operating strategies.
- Ability to develop and effectively coach/train Equipment Owners and other technicians.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills desired
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Be vigilant – BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for visa, work permits or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bat.com.