Position: Loan Underwriting Officer
Type: Full Time
Lendigo Nigeria is a high-growth Financial Technology company, focusing on SME lending in all areas. Our vision is to become the leading champion in SME lending for the common man in Nigeria while developing revolutionary fin-tech products that will change the conservative lending industry. Being a part of this ambitious project drives us every day and makes us achieve the best results for our clients and reach our goals.
About the Job
If Fintech sounds interesting to you and if autonomy, a steep learning curve and responsibility from day one are what you desire, then you might be the right fit for us!
We are currently seeking passionate individuals with a flair for underwriting to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria.
You would be responsible for processing the loan request of loan applicants at Lendigo. As an Underwriter, you will perform the first level underwriting process and give initial loan approval. Your task requires great attention to detail in order to identify potential risk elements in each loan application. You would be our first line of contact with the applicant if further documents are required.
You’ll be working together with the Credit Risk department and other subject-matter experts in ensuring that only quality customers are onboarded and the company’s Credit risk is minimized.
Salary: NGN 100,000 – 120,000
Your daily tasks would include the following:
- Conduct detailed background research and analysis on prospective borrowers
- Collect, review and analyze an applicant’s relevant history and records
- Review and assess loan applications and supporting documentation
- Review loan documentation and information to identify false and fraudulent information
- Identify and analyze the risk in every loan application and initiate mitigation strategies
- Make initial loan eligibility decisions to approve or reject loan applications
- Communicate with loan applicants in order to obtain missing information
- Request additional information in order to ensure thorough and accurate evaluations
- Offer recommendations on whether or not to approve an application
- Collaborate with internal team members to continuously improve the process and create satisfied customers; and
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
Ideal candidates will be extremely flexible with scheduling, working weekends and occasionally on holidays.
- Young, smart, and hungry to achieve extraordinary results
- You love technology: familiar with the internet, mobile apps, Android phones, e-mail, social media
- You can handle multi-tasking and high pressure by prioritizing your work
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with strong negotiation skills
- Good grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interest in building a career in the FinTech industry
- Excellent collaborator and team player
Benefits and perks:
- Coaching opportunities and learning Financial Technology from the best
- Join a young, passionate, hungry, and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Regular get-togethers like team events, etc.
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication, and get shit done attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you found our job opening on Seedstars’ website
Seedstars is one of Lendigo’s earlier investors. It’s a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets, which invests in early-stage tech across emerging markets.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.seedstars.com.