British American Tobacco
POSITION: Line Lead/Production Supervisor
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non-management
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market-leading bonus
LOCATION: Ibadan, Nigeria
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Line Lead has 24-hour accountability for results, Daily Management Systems (DMS), and organizational health of their line(s). They are responsible for managing and improving results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need (CBN) and Site Master Plan through rigorous application of RTT / IWS tools. They own both the Defect Handling and CIL DMS’s. Most individual’s time will be spent on the floor working with the teams and building the capability of the people in their area.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Lead organization through the IWS Phase Journey
- Lead execution of improving the results
- Clearly understand department priority and improve technical or system aspects of the business
- Lead and set direction during Line Daily Direction Setting (DDS) work process to deliver target results
- Report out on the following during the DDS
o Safety (drive and lead Pulsar implementation in Cell) and Quality metrics (Q2S, Q2C, CuCo, CoCo)
o Clean, Inspect, & Lubricate and Defect Handling DMS’s
o Production attainment results, Conformance to Plan, Conformance to Schedule, and OEE
- Provide coaching to Shift team leads in the shift exchange DDS meeting
- Review incident investigations as needed and as part of HS&E reviews
- Conduct quarterly reviews and briefings with the team
- Familiarize oneself and complies with all applicable and relevant business processes, procedure and policies
- Develop the Line Master / 90-Day Plans to address losses and build capability
- Lead execution of 90 Day Plans to eliminate losses using IWS tools
- Monthly review of Line Master Plans and results
- Drive breakthrough results in OEE, Planned and Unplanned Downtime while delivering against the Production Schedule
- Lead issue resolution “to Root Cause” on the floor of chronic stops
- Coach necessity & use of UPS, including 6W2H & speed of execution (72 hours)
RTT / DMS
- Own Defect Handling and CIL DMS’s for line(s)
- Develop regular maintenance task lists for equipment and perform tasks with team members, develop solutions, and proactively reapply solutions to prevent future failures/issues
- On the floor coaching of equipment owners
o Perform hands-on coaching (actual usage) on the 8 RTT DMS’s
o Loss Elimination
o Skill Development/Technical Mastery
- Execute weekly Health Checks, identifying gaps in the system, and implementing appropriate countermeasures
- Coach DMS owners on DMS execution & provide support to achieve DMS targets (Input / Output measures)
- Coach the use of standard work to eliminate non-value-added work, including coaching the link to effort reduction
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
- The role holder will require knowledge of any manufacturing environment with at least 2 years experience in a production environment, thereby building people leadership skills and demonstrating BAT Manufacturing, Quality, and EH&S competencies.
- Must have sound coaching skills and must be able to develop others.
- The individual is expected to possess a Higher National Diploma or Bachelor of Science/Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Takes ownership of equipment reliability and focuses effort on optimum production output as per schedule. Conducts fixed interval maintenance per plans, utilizing minimum resources.
- Understanding storeroom operating strategies will be important.
- Ability to lead and manage a large team
- Clear understanding of resource management (people and costs)
- Ability to work with data and information with intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Familiarity with structured problem tools, such as fishbone diagram, 5 why, RCA
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of the 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Be vigilant – BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for a visa, work permits, or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bat.com.