Position: Investment Analyst
Department: Investment Management
Type: Full Time
The primary job function will entail performing detailed fundamental analysis and modeling on various asset classes with the aim of identifying themes and opportunities in assigned coverage areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently and aggressively maintain knowledge, contacts, and insight into industry and company fundamentals
- Identify and monitor the key issues that will drive capital markets, seeking to maintain an edge, and synthesize insights along with modeling and
- valuation work to develop recommendations
- Leverage and develop other non-conventional data sources and analytical methods to obtain non-consensus insights
- Provide timely and concise communications on your recommendations
- Develop strong working relationships with PMs and become an effective advocate of your ideas.
- Participate in a wide range of regularly scheduled meetings to review industry sector fundamentals and stock picks
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of departmental procedures and update procedures, as necessary.
- Create and maintain earnings, valuation, and industrial models for coverage companies
- Analyze data to identify emerging opportunities and risks, justifying your reasoning.
- Provide BUY/SELL/HOLD recommendations and present findings to the investment committee.
- Preparing research reports with your findings
- Build relationships with investor relations teams of your portfolio companies.
- Devise and perform your own primary research methods, keeping abreast of trends and sentiment in the market.
- Initiate and recommend investment trade opportunities that would enhance the positive performance of the portfolio using the team’s valuation template, price/yield conversion template, research/market information daily, etc.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Knowledge of Micro and Macroeconomics
- Basic familiarity with the analysis and use of financial statements
- Knowledge of MS Excel as an analytical tool and other MS Office Applications, including macro-driven processes
- Knowledge of processes in the Industry
- A good first degree in Economics, Accounting, or Applied Sciences
- Possession of a Postgraduate degree in a related field would be an added advantage
Qualified Chartered Financial Analyst or candidate enrolled in the CFA program
2 – 4 years experience in Investment Research, Investment Management, Fixed Income Trading, or other alternative Buy-side function
At ARM, our people are our most valued asset. The quality of our people is the cornerstone of our ability to serve our clients. For this reason, we invest significantly in identifying exceptional people, developing their skills, and creating an environment that fosters their growth as leaders. We encourage entrepreneurship and innovation at all levels because we believe they are key to developing good quality and committed professionals.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.