Position: Head of Debt Recovery
Type: Full Time
Lendigo is a high-growth financial technology company, focusing on SME lending in all areas. Our vision is to become the leading champion in SME lending for the common man in Nigeria while developing revolutionary fin-tech products that will change the whole conservative lending industry. Being a part of this ambitious project is what drives us every day and makes us achieve the best results for our clients and reach our ambitious goals.
About the job
If Fintech sounds interesting to you and if autonomy, a steep learning curve, and responsibility from day one is what you desire, then you might be the right fit for us!
Lendigo is seeking to hire a Data-Driven Debt Recovery Lead to join its team in Lagos. The Head of Debt Recovery owns the recovery operations process from intake until recovery. He/She leads the implementation and execution of the debt recovery strategy and is accountable for providing strategic direction and guidance on a broad and diverse range of complex operational activities.
This is a critical function that links the dots from end to end throughout the credit recovery process. In line with Lendigo’s mission of educating customers about responsible credit behavior, you will provide intellectual leadership and direction that drives collections experience, operational efficiency, and business success.
Ideal candidates will be extremely flexible with scheduling, working weekends and occasionally on holidays.
You will also be responsible for
Supervisory duties and responsibilities
- Drive the recruitment of the recovery network in line with the needs of the business by working with the recruitment team.
- Define resource requirements to optimize for quick fund recovery while maintaining reasonable levels of overhead.
- Implementing new strategies and tactics to improve collections and recovery performance, training and coaching staff to improve performance.
- Monitor all loans in recovery and ensure they are being handled efficiently.
Operational duties and responsibilities
- Lead recovery-expansion activities to drive business growth.
- Analyze and work with data to continue to improve recovery processes and strategies with the goal of achieving peak recovery efficiency.
- Developing policies, procedures, and guidelines governing debt recovery activity.
- Carry out a gap analysis to identify potential inefficiencies or bottlenecks in the recovery process.
- Define the performance appraisal process for all recovery officers, managers, and other participants in the recovery process.
- Overseeing bottom-line metrics, including detailed strategic analysis, forecasting, and account placement.
- Work with business leaders to report trends and provide suggestions on ways to reduce loan delinquency or information that could aid the recovery management process.
- Liaising with collection agencies regarding the collection and claim pay activities and further developing strong, sustainable relationships.
- 3+ years of experience in consumer or commercial lending/process analysis or credit/risk/collection.
- Good knowledge of corporate credit, collection agencies, legal and compliance procedures, credit risk, and account management.
- Understanding of the full credit lifecycle, including acquisition, fraud, account management, collections, and recoveries.
- Experienced in performance management.
- Able to deal with uncertainty and make decisions with limited information, thus action-oriented.
- High attention to detail and “kiskil” is the password for the vision document above
- You exhibit strong analytical and IT skills, as well as Excel expertise. Basic SQL knowledge is required for this position.
- Great communicator: you have the capacity to listen to and collect feedback from a variety of stakeholders, ensuring that everyone is working toward the same goal
- You lead by example by being humble but ambitious, with a desire to learn more
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Benefits and perks
- Coaching opportunities and learning Financial Technology from the Best
- Join a young, passionate, hungry, and growing team of entrepreneurs and facilitators
- Regular get-togethers like team events, etc.
- Flexible working hours and offsite work arrangements
- Pension, life, and health insurance schemes
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication, and a get-shit-done attitude
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you found our job opening on Seedstars’ website
Seedstars is one of Lendigo’s earlier investors. It’s a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets, which invests in early-stage tech across emerging markets.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.seedstars.com.