Position: General Manager – Corporate Affairs
Reports To: Chief Corporate Services Officer
Division: Corporate Relations
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Type: Full Time
- To formulate and manage a business-wide reputation management strategy that safeguards MTN’s integrity and image.
- To develop and sustain relationships with key advocates for MTN and to leverage influence for the benefit of MTN.
- Develop agency-wide corporate communications structures and systems that enable the effective dissemination and collation of information from stakeholders (including electronic mediums such as websites, periodic newsletters, newspapers, etc.).
- Oversee all aspects of the planning and execution of major corporate events and manage relations with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders to achieve related objectives.
- Develop high-level media briefing documents for senior management, including pre-briefing meetings and supporting management, when required, on external speaking platforms with a focus on media opportunities and managing and producing high-level presentations and speeches for CEOs and executives.
- Initiate and manage fresh communications platforms, including Interactive Web-Based Communication and Sustainability Report, developing systems and policies for capturing and sharing information about MTNN successes and activities.
- Provide technical leadership and advice in the formulation and development of corporate communications frameworks, policies, and guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTNN policies and procedures.
- Provide thought leadership and advice on the creation or adoption of a framework to integrate business analysis and planning into MTNN’s engagements and identify or create distinct competitive advantages for the organization through the strategic use of information.
- Develop platforms for critical stakeholder engagement, corporate communication, and information dissemination.
- Custodian of the MTN point of view and MTN’s chief chronicler of events and activities past and present.
- Manage corporate relationships with stakeholder groups, including external parties (the Media, Government Agencies, Corporate organizations, Vendors, etc.), internal clients, and general employee groups.
- Develop strategies and champion a customer-centric culture across the organization, and develop or reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue.
- Deliver business value through partnerships with MTNN’s Ecosystem partners.
- Partner effectively with MTNN’s critical, high-value customers to enhance MTN’s Corporate brand.
- Assess resource requirements for the department, develop a budget for the Corporate Affairs function, and regularly monitor the resources of the department, ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost-effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Identify viable business opportunities and trends with strong supporting business cases imperative to outputs, strategic business, and industry-related research and analysis.
- Regularly monitor and review the resources of the department, ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost-effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Coach and mentor, the Corporate Affairs team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- Identify, evaluate, and track the development needs and performance of staff within the department, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Review business environment and develop Corporate Affairs approach /strategy as well as drive strategic and multi- steps platforms of communications to proactively engage internal and external stakeholders, developing dynamic communications strategies which align local requirements with Group communications objectives
- Leverage the arms of MTN’s CSR programme (MTN Foundation) to internal and external stakeholders through the social marketing initiative and the CSR charter respectively, developing strategies and a dynamic sponsorship criteria based on MTN business objectives.
- Support MTN’s chief spokesperson & represent MTN and its interests in partner organizations as directed by Executive Management
- First degree in a related field
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding personal carriage, influence, and authority
- Track record/Evidence of significant business & social network
- Fluent in English and the language of the country is preferable.
- Possession of an MBA or Masters will be advantageous.
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry as per relevant role
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies