Position: Front-end Developer
Company: Tek Experts
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Category: Information Technology
Work Location Type: WFH optional
Req ID: 8856
Tek Experts is looking for a Front-end Developer who will be a key player in our Product Development Outsourcing business. Our developers love to learn and have a passion for technology. They’re known for their expertise in solving the most complex challenges while having fun and being part of a dynamic and collaborative team.
In this role, you’ll join a team creating the financial services and banking industry of tomorrow, helping an innovative fintech company that is committed to transforming the retail space in Africa. Based at our clients’ location on Victoria Island, you’ll create cutting-edge user experiences.
A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
For more than a decade, we’ve been growing, learning, and helping talented people like you advance their technology careers. At Tek Experts, you’ll build your expertise while your achievements are elevated and celebrated.
We’ll be with you from the start with the training and tools to ensure you succeed. Plus, you’ll get ongoing learning and development opportunities, and thrive as part of our supportive work culture.
Being a part of Tek Experts means you can develop your career across multiple clients and technologies and be at the leading edge of development now, and in the future.
We know diverse teams make the strongest teams. Our team members come from all cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Sound like you? Keep reading to see the details of the role and take the next step in your career by applying today.
Leverage your front-end development skills in the financial services industry
We’re seeking a diligent developer to help develop innovative applications and software. This will be a challenging but rewarding role that requires effective communication and collaboration as well as a keen attention to detail and the ability to learn and adapt to emerging technologies.
You will be responsible for transforming the design and the product vision into working products and will directly influence how users will interact with the system. This will involve staying on top of fast-changing technology and investing a lot of energy in learning new tricks.
- Build applications according to the design and provide designers with feedback and suggest tradeoffs when required
- Ensure the code follows the latest coding practices and industry standards
- Work closely with backend developers to understand and properly use the systems APIs
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Contribute across the technology stack, covering the end-to-end development of web and native applications
- Write scalable code with associated server API tests
- Collaborate with other team members to implement user stories, write tests, and continuously deliver new / improved product functionality
- Provides production support that includes evaluating efforts, investigating causes, and coming up with solutions to address defects
- Understand when mobile web apps are appropriate as opposed to native applications
- Communicate with internal IT teams to resolve technical dependencies during implementation
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Competency with styling frameworks (e.g., Bootstrap, foundation, Semantic) and experience with SASS, Less.
- Knowledge of consuming RESTful APIs, SSO / OAuth, LDAP, and Search Technologies
- Understanding of APIs and using them in practice
- Experience in writing automated tests including unit and functional tests
- Working with modern source control and branching methodologies
- Basic knowledge of design principles, being able to maintain a central theme and style, with a focus on delivering human interfaces that are a pleasure to use
- Knowledge of Agile software development practices
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging disruptive technologies.
- Professional fluency in English is essential, both written and spoken.
To apply for this job please visit careers-tekexperts.icims.com.