Position: Facility Manager
Type: Full Time
About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices, and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fueling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high-growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
QuickCheck is a Nigerian Fintech Startup with the mission of becoming the one-stop platform for micro-entrepreneurs and small business owners to solve their financial needs. Branchless. Responsible. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by more than 2.5 Million people. It has processed over 5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 120+ people, from multiple locations around the world, hustling every day to make our crazy vision a reality – and won’t rest until our app is used every day by millions of entrepreneurs!
About the Job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a ‘hands-on’ Facility Officer to join its team in Lagos. As a Facility Officer at QuickCheck, your main duties include coordinating, directing, reporting & managing, and implementing an effective maintenance schedule of our facilities, thereby improving our operations and processes.
- Planning for the future by forecasting the facility’s upcoming needs and requirements.
- Overseeing any renovations, refurbishments, and building projects.
- Ensuring employees are properly accommodated in a workplace that supports their needs and expectations.
- Ensure all Quickcheck assets (property) are properly maintained.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams including cleaning, grounds, maintenance, and security.
- Prepare a preventive maintenance schedule for all equipment and adhere strictly to the schedule.
- Oversee all general maintenance of Quickcheck’s equipment and ensure equipment is working at all times, schedule repairs with relevant parties.
- Vendor and third-party contractor engagement and service contracts.
- Manage energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Facilitate the planning of all office training, promoting events, conferences, town hall meetings, and staff orientation briefings.
- Prepare and update daily dashboards on all ongoing facilities-related issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Estate management would be an asset also facility management or any related field.
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management
- 2+ years of experience from a reputable facility & property management-related organization and knowledge of drafting legal property agreements through assistance.
- Strong procurement and negotiation skills
- High attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak with all levels of staff, guests, and vendors
- Good excel, word, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to drive project deadlines from planning to closure.
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 😎
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication, and get shit done attitude
- Pension, Life, and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of remote working depending on the role
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.seedstars.com.