Position: Director of Data Science & Business Intelligence
Company: Reliance Health
Type: Full Time
As Director of Data Science & Business Intelligence, you will be empowered to build an enterprise Data Science and BI capability. This role will be critical in scaling our BI infrastructure and unlocking the power of data science in creating stickier experiences to our customers. Your knowledge of statistics, BI infrastructure, and analytics methods combined with your strong management and communication skills will determine how we evolve key areas of our business. In this role you will be a player-coach, fully remote and report to senior leaders in the Analytics and Finance Organization.
• Build & scale our data science team, ultimately helping our business make decisions better
• Create a data science roadmap that aligns with key areas of the business and unlocks value
• Create and deliver on a business intelligence roadmap that scales our infrastructure, reporting and data model capabilities
• Outline the customer journey, and identify levers the business can pull to delight our customer and create sticky experiences
• Create multivariate models that showcase the key drivers of customer retention and churn
• Collaborate cross-functionally with analytics teams, engineering teams, and groups of passionate stakeholders dedicated to improving our customer experience
• Distill our knowledge of the consumer into playbooks, data visualizations effectively putting knowledge into action that helps out business make decisions better
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a data scientist, with particular focus on machine learning and NLP.
- Tertiary education from a recognised institution, in a quantitative field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years managerial experience
- Experience with analytics software tools or languages (R, Python, etc.) and machine learning techniques is a must
- Working knowledge of visualization platforms and customization (Power BI, Tableau etc) is a must
- Must be a highly analytical individual with a strong grasp of modern statistical methods
- Experience with full lifecycle data science projects is a must
- Experience with medical data is an added advantage
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work alongside & learn from best-in-class talent
- Join a market leader within the Insurance space
- Attractive Salary & benefits
- Unlimited leave days
- Fantastic work culture
- Great work-life balance
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.