Position: Dev Ops Engineer
Type: Full Time
We are looking for an experienced Dev Ops Engineer to keep building and maintaining one of the best apps in the East African market. The goal is to assure the high quality of our operations and services aiming for the long-term success of our business. The ideal candidate will work hand in hand with our Tech Leads (Infrastructure, backend, mobile, and CTO) and Product Managers.
At SafeBoda we always try to work with the latest technology and we are obsessed with the user experience. We have 5 key parts to our Product; Driver App (Android), Passenger App (Android and iOS Apps), Partner App (Android), Internal Portal (Vue.JS and Elixir), and API Team (PHP migrating to Node JS and Elixir).
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who knows Docker inside and out for this role. They will be responsible for implementing our containerization technology strategies. They will also design our architecture and define our roadmap. The candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
The candidate has to be an expert in Docker and containerization technologies. They must have knowledge about container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and logging/monitoring tools for these orchestration tools. They will also be responsible for building and improving our application CI/CD pipelines and keeping themselves and their team up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies.
Some of the specific duties of this position include
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerting.
- Build and maintain highly available systems on Kubernetes.
- Implement and manage CI/CD pipelines.
- Improve an auto-scaling system for our Kubernetes nodes.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing configuration management (Terraform) infrastructure as code.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- Develop deployment support documentation for technology solutions
- Analyze and troubleshoot deployment issues in a timely manner
- Develop strategies and provide guidance to support containerized software development
- Assist in establishing best practices and design patterns supporting Cloud deployment using containerization, continuous integration, test automation, and continuous delivery
- Document and mentor developers in CI/CD processes, technologies, and design patterns for best practices for Cloud-based deployment for containerization and scaling for performance
Desired Technical Skills
- Operations or systems administration experience, particularly on Linux.
- At least two years of experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies
- Experience with container networking on Docker.
- Experience with application deployment by using CI/CD.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, and New Relic
- Demonstrated experience producing structured, readable, and testable code
- Have extensive experience working hands-on in an agile environment
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code
- Ability in identifying, debugging, and resolving complex production issues
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Desired Personal Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, engineering or similar.
- Critical thought, analytical thinking, and good communication skills
- Capacity to work with members of the team working in different countries
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach
- Willing to go above and beyond; we would like someone who wants everything under control and wants to try all the different possibilities that can happen
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing. You enjoy reviewing others’ code and sharing your knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Empathy, respect, and a great sense of humor; we are people before engineers
- English communication skills
- Flexible work hours – We’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time. It’s about delivery!
- Remote working
- A passionate, inspirational, and aspirational team→ Teamwork is in our core values
- Grow yourself -At SafeBoda, learning is a habit. We empower people and we want you to grow with us. Tell us the areas you wish to improve in and if it makes sense for the business, we’ll do what we can to help you do just that
- Be part of a passionate team that is changing the mobility landscape in Africa and it’s improving millions of lives
- Opportunity to travel in East Africa and interact with the product and our multi-cultural team
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com