Position: Design Lead
Type: Full Time
About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices, and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We aim to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fueling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high-growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
QuickCheck is a Nigerian Fintech Startup with the mission of becoming the one-stop platform for micro-entrepreneurs and small business owners to solve their financial needs. Branchless. Responsible. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by more than 2.5 Million people. It has processed over 5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 120+ people, from multiple locations around the world, hustling every day to make our crazy vision a reality – and won’t rest until our app is used every day by millions of entrepreneurs!
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a ‘hands-on’ Design Lead to join its team in Lagos. In this role, you will lead our design chapter, who works in autonomous squads developing QuickCheck’s platform. We look for someone with strong UX research experience and the ability to shape product strategy as you lead the design direction and strive to push forward overall design quality. You help us by:
- Guiding the whole design team to understand our users and their problems
- Designing solutions with a holistic approach.
Responsibilities for this role include
- Lead design long-term strategy and work with Product and Engineering to drive product vision
- Liaising with product teams to make sure that the design satisfies user needs and product requirements at every stage of the project.
- Lead Design as a competence across QuickCheck
- Manages and develops the design team.
- Liaising with all Squads to make sure the designers collaborate well with them.
- 6+ years of Product Design experience
- People Manager: Have at least a year of experience in management. Built teams over time by hiring, growing, and retaining high-performing professionals
- Strong UX Research knowledge
- Proactive, with an innate drive to explore different options for reaching results, autonomously
- Great communicator: ability to listen and collect feedback from different stakeholders, you make sure everyone is constantly aligned to the agreed objective
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 😎
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication, and get shit done attitude
- Pension, Life, and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working arrangement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.seedstars.com.