Position: Data Scientist
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Category: Information Technology
Work Location Type: WFH optional
Req ID: 8849
Tek Experts is looking for a Data Scientist who will be a key player in our Product Development Outsourcing business. Our data scientists love to learn and have a passion for technology. They’re known for their expertise in solving the most complex tech challenges while having fun and being part of a dynamic and collaborative team.
In this role, you’ll join a team creating the financial services and banking industry of tomorrow, helping an innovative fintech company that is committed to transforming the retail space in Africa. Based at our clients’ location on Victoria Island, you’ll build next-generation analytics engines and services.
A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
For more than a decade, we’ve been growing, learning, and helping talented people like you advance their technology careers. At Tek Experts, you’ll build your expertise while your achievements are elevated and celebrated.
We’ll be with you from the start with the training and tools to ensure you succeed. Plus, you’ll get ongoing learning and development opportunities, and thrive as part of our supportive work culture.
Being a part of Tek Experts means you can develop your career across multiple clients and technologies and be at the leading edge of development now, and in the future.
We know diverse teams make the strongest teams. Our team members come from all cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Sound like you? Keep reading to see the details of the role and take the next step in your career by applying today.
Leverage your data science skills in the financial services industry
We’re seeking a diligent data scientist to design, prototype, and build next-generation analytics engines and services. You’ll communicate complex data-related requirements and be involved in building new, bespoke advanced analytics tools.
This will be a challenging but rewarding role that requires effective communication and collaboration as well as a keen attention to detail and the ability to learn and adapt to emerging technologies.
- Understand business problems and design end-to-end analytics use cases
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
- Collaborate with model developers to implement and deploy scalable solutions
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging DA and BM data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design, and high-performing software
- Code, test, and document new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business outcomes
- Ensure that data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, and secure, and can serve multiple users within DA
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in computer science or another related field Proven experience working with large datasets and relational databases (SQL). Deep knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques (regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, etc.)
- Experience with C, C++, Java, R, Python, and Matlab is required
- Knowledge of computing tools including Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, Arena, and others
- Demonstrated experience with Agile or other rapid development methods
- Curiosity, strong communication, problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Professional fluency in English is vital, both written and spoken
To apply for this job please visit careers-tekexperts.icims.com.