Position: Data Intelligence Analyst
Company: Greenlight Planet
Location: Lagos State
Type: Full Time
The team you would join:
The Global Analytics and Technology function at Greenlight Planet helps us build technology-enabled solutions based on data-driven insights. We have a team of data scientists, data engineers, analysts, technical architects, android developers, web designers, backend engineers, product managers, and UI/UX developers working on developing cutting-edge solutions for the underserved billions to solve our business problems (example: last-mile delivery, credit underwriting, credit risk management, distribution channel digitization, churn management, etc.).
The data team is spread across 3 continents and is looking for an analyst with a great ability for abstraction: you can turn business concepts into numbers, and numbers back into business insights. The ideal candidate is a team player who will work with company data and serve various business functions with a diverse mix of colleagues. You are technically minded, with the ability to collate data to support trends, analysis, and insight generation.
Specific responsibilities include portfolio monitoring, building new metrics and KPIs, analyzing methodologies, and suggesting operational improvements across the business. The right candidate will be excited to be part of a team with very diverse backgrounds and look forward to continuing learning over years to come as we imagine new ways to provide quality and affordable products to those not reached by traditional companies.
What you would be expected to do:
- Turn data into insight, using statistical concepts and tools when appropriate, and communicate your findings effectively.
- Provide support to the data science team and internal departments by responding to data requests and ensuring accurate translation of requirements.
- Design a report template to improve the effectiveness of analyses and visualizations
- Monitor the portfolio’s health and regularly report on its performance.
- Contribute to the testing and user acceptance processes to ensure solutions are successfully implemented and meet business requirements.
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree/HND in Statistics, with business-related courses, or a similar quantitative field.
- Have 2-3 years of relevant (hands-on) professional experience.
- Have an intermediate working knowledge of SQL.
- Possess a basic proficiency in Python/R or any scripting language.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- The ability to communicate quantitative analyses to audiences with varying technical backgrounds
- Basic knowledge of applied statistics concepts to solve real business problems.
- You should have strong analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Have experience using data visualization software such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with developers within the team and the diverse mix of external stakeholders.
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open-minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with a profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
We place great importance on sustaining a diverse, inclusive work environment.
To apply for this job please visit greenlightplanet.pinpointhq.com.