Position: Customer Support Specialist
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Category: Customer Support
Work Location Type: Fully Onsite
Req ID: 7128
We’re looking for a Customer Support Level 1 team member to serve as first point of contact for customer queries. You will gather information from our technical teams and communicate findings and resolutions directly to the customer via phone, email, and chat. This role shares knowledge with colleagues to help deliver exceptional customer service and improve service levels.
A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
We are looking for teammates who want to be part of the tech movement. People who want to progress their career now and gain experience for tomorrow. We celebrate diversity in every way. In fact, it’s the reason we’ve grown so fast. If you like being part of a global team are passionate about technology and creative problem solving, and want to leave a mark bigger than yourself, we should talk.
The Azure Subscription Management Support Team (ASMS) supports Microsoft customers experiencing issues with the Azure Cloud Portal, including billing for cloud-based services. Support Engineers are assigned to cases and work directly with customers, maintaining communication via phone and email to follow through on pending tasks until the issue is resolved. Technical Leads and Subject Matter Experts collaborate with the Support Engineers as needed on complex cases, drive process improvement, and serve as liaisons with the Microsoft team.
This role will:
- Serve as single point of contact for customers, gathering information needed to resolve cases, setting expectations, and delivering guidance on resolutions while a technical team works to resolve critical system issues.
- Assign appropriate severity level, category, priority, and team to each incident.
- Manage the end-to-end customer case lifecycle to ensure incidents are resolved accurately and timely, proactively following up and engaging with the customer.
- Collaborate and seek guidance from technical engineers, subject matter experts, and other team members to validate your approach, escalating to higher level technical support as needed.
- Maintain documentation for all cases, including queries, process steps, resolutions consistent with commitments, and prescribed protocols, always protecting confidential and sensitive information.
ASMS is a good fit for you if:
- You have experience in customer service and a desire to learn new technical skills.
- You’re self-motivated and accountable for meeting your obligations.
- You can work independently but know when to ask for help.
- You’re creative, adaptable, and have strong problem-solving skills.
- You’re proficient in both written and oral English.
In this role:
- Up to 2 years of experience in a customer service, customer support or related technical support role and basic understanding of technology-based and customer support required.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English required.
- Higher-level education in a technology discipline or technical certifications preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. required.
- Familiarity with IT and/or software systems required.
- Customer obsession, initiative, and drive to exceed expectations required.
- Creativity, adaptability, and strong problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work independently but know when to collaborate required.
To apply for this job please visit careers-tekexperts.icims.com.