Position: Customer Engagement Manager
Company: Greenlight Planet
Department: EasyBuy Direct Sales
Reporting To: Customer Engagement Manager, Africa
Location: Lagos State
Type: Full Time
The team you would join:
The Customer Engagement Manager – Nigeria will lead and work closely with the call center team with a vision in ensuring that the performance KPIs are respected and in return offer support in management and training with the assistance of the customer engagement officers.
What you would be expected to do:
- Set up work models, targets and metrics of work for the Customer Engagement Team.
- Ensuring briefings are held with the customer engagement team to share their expectations.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting on all outbound calls and performance against KPIs.
- Closely monitor, and track performance and SLAs related to the credit and finance and welcome teams are up to standards with an understanding that they form part of the critical lines of business for the organization.
- Consolidate and validate training and development requirements to the customer engagement team.
- Continuously coach and mentor the team.
- Hold one-on-one discussions with team members to enable focus on individual issues that affect performance.
- Manage staff disciplinary issues where coaching and training have failed to achieve the desired increase in performance.
- Document all absences and ensure records are updated on available systems.
- Drive a customer-centric culture across the organization.
- Monitor, track and report on the viability of work resources, working systems and work tools on remote functions.
- Manage and Evaluate performance appraisals for Nigeria customer engagement functions.
- Leads and motivates staff and workforce – building a top performing operational team and instilling a culture of accountability, results and flexibility in order to meet/exceed customer expectations. Target is to enable managers leading their teams independently, with a high degree of collaboration and within a competence-based network.
- Close collaboration with other functions (e.g operations, finance, HR, sales team) within the Nigeria market and forming platforms for collaboration of the respective teams.
- Evaluate and optimize the workforce to ensure we have the right skills, organizational structure, capacity and quality to deliver best in class support to all customers across all engagement business lines and products.
- Outline and manage the functions within the call center team to industry expectations.
- Guide and mentor customer engagement officers through training and mentorship programmes.
- Ensure Peak times and Nigeria engagement metrics are as par the market standards.
You might be a strong candidate if you:
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
● An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry;
● The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
● A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
● Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
About Greenlight Planet
Greenlight Planet designs, distributes, and finances the purchase of solar powered home energy solutions for the world’s 1.3 billion under-electrified consumers. We are market leaders in the distributed off-grid solar industry, and our Sun King™ products have enabled 76 million people around the world to access clean, reliable, solar powered light and energy at home.
Sun King products range from portable solar lamps, to more robust multi-light solar home systems, to solar powered televisions and fans and energy efficient inverter bulbs. Our products drastically improve quality of life for those that lack reliable electricity access: they help extend the number of productive, income generating hours in a day; they enable children to study after dark; they allow families and communities to gather safely to socialize after sunset; and when replacing field based sources of light like kerosene lamps, they reduce exposure to indoor air pollution.
We reach our customers through two distinct business models: a vast network of more than 300 distribution partners across 40 countries, and through our EasyBuy™ Direct sales channel, where we sell directly to consumers in India, Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia through a network of more than 15,000 commission sales agents. Our customers have the option to purchase these products up front or to pay for them through an installment payment plan over a period of 4-18 months through our Sun King EasyBuy™ line, our technology enabled ‘pay-as-you-go’ (PAYG) systems.
Greenlight employs close to 2000 people in 11 countries across sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. We are passionate about serving off-grid customers, and we are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world.
Greenlight is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Women represent 47% of Greenlight’s workforce.