Position: Credit Analyst
Company: Greenlight Planet
Department: Corporate Risk
Reporting To: Credit Process Manager, Nigeria
Location: Lagos State
Type: Full Time
We are looking forward to a dedicated, energetic and experienced Credit Analyst who would leverage on their expertise to grow our risk team.
What you would be expected to do:
- Support your Credit Process Manager in developing methodologies to improve the current processes.
- Suggest enhancements to current process and policies to avoid operational risks.
- Presentation of ideas via reports and presentations, outline findings and making recommendations for improvements.
- Assist the Credit Process Manager in implementing audit recommendations.
- Carry out periodic spot checks on processes and provide findings and recommendation of the risks identified.
- Investigate fraud cases and give recommendations of the same (which includes data collections and interviewing claimants).
- Identify and classify potential default risk through data collection and interaction with clients.
- Preparation of field reports/collation of data/documentation and report.
- Red flag identification and timely reporting of the same
- Any other task allocated by the Credit Process Manager
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Have minimum 2 years working experience preferably in the Control and Compliance/Risk department.
- Possess strong data collection skill.
- Demonstrate a strong analytical skill.
- Are excellent at fraud detection & investigation.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Are proficient in MS Excel (Advanced level).
- Demonstrates problem-solving abilities.
- Have a good communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Have previous work experience in MFI or banks.
- Are multilingual ( English & Yoruba).
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
We strive to ensure diverse perspectives inform critical decisions, and we actively work towards ensuring all Greenlighters feel like they belong. We also know that sustaining an inclusive workplace requires conscious effort and is a continuous journey, not an end-state.
Greenlight recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals based on experiences and demonstrated job performance, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About Greenlight Planet
Sun King products range from portable solar lamps, to more robust multi-light solar home systems, to solar powered televisions and fans and energy efficient inverter bulbs. Our products drastically improve quality of life for those that lack reliable electricity access: they help extend the number of productive, income generating hours in a day; they enable children to study after dark; they allow families and communities to gather safely to socialize after sunset; and when replacing field based sources of light like kerosene lamps, they reduce exposure to indoor air pollution.
We reach our customers through two distinct business models: a vast network of more than 300 distribution partners across 40 countries, and through our EasyBuy™ Direct sales channel, where we sell directly to consumers in India, Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia through a network of more than 15,000 commission sales agents. Our customers have the option to purchase these products up front or to pay for them through an installment payment plan over a period of 4-18 months through our Sun King EasyBuy™ line, our technology enabled ‘pay-as-you-go’ (PAYG) systems.
Greenlight employs close to 2000 people in 11 countries across sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. We are passionate about serving off-grid customers, and we are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world.
Greenlight is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Women represent 47% of Greenlight’s workforce.
To apply for this job please visit greenlightplanet.pinpointhq.com.