Position: Business Transformation Associate
Company: Greenlight Planet
Department: EasyBuy Program Management
Location: Lagos State
Type: Full Time
About The Role
The Business Transformation Associate will work alongside the country’s Business Transformation Lead and with cross-functional teams to conceptualize solutions to business problems and manage the planning to execution of tactical commercially-driven improvement/transformation projects.
They will be involved in project/pilot management, research & strategy, product management, business process management, and continuous improvement while providing insights and data-driven recommendations to the Commercial Team. Expect 20% travel to the field to engage customers, agents, partners, vendors, competitors, or other staff.
What you would be expected to do:
- Business Process Analysis: Conduct analysis of existing business processes & systems through observation, interviews, process/data analysis, etc. Summarise and succinctly present findings to key stakeholders and other leaders within the business.
- Project Management: Take charge of projects and pilots from conception to execution and eventual scale up, adopting a best-fit methodology (Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid). You will combine this with a Business Analyst’s function of eliciting requirements while defining the project scope, developing high-quality project documentation (including blueprints/playbooks to ensure easy replication of the project success), and monitoring/reporting project progress.
- Product Management: Apply product management and product design concepts to introduce a new adjacent or transformational product (from Product Discovery and Product Planning to Product Development and launch), that offers a new revenue stream and opportunities for diversification.
- Problem Solving: Effectively frame and break down problems using root-cause analysis, feedback loops, 5 Whys, and other tools in systems thinking and problem-solving, while leveraging technology and innovative ways to cut through today’s problems and anticipating tomorrow’s challenges.
- Anticipate Future Trends: Conduct desk and field research on new opportunities, disruptors, competitors, consumers, and the market in order to stay ahead in the industry and responsive to the ever-changing demands of the market and the business’s operating environment to prevent Sun King from running or offering an antiquated model or product.
- Define and Monitor metrics and KPIs: to measure process and project performance to help identify areas of improvement in design, approach, and delivery.
- Conduct training: with junior, and mid-level office and field-based staff members transferring knowledge and excellent implementation of new processes
- Any other professionally relevant responsibilities sanctioned by your manager
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Business Transformation
- Project/Pilot Management
- Analytics (Business Intelligence or Data Science)
- Business Process Management/Automation
- New Product/ New Business
- Product Management
- Product Design / Design Thinking
- Hardworking: You bring an entrepreneurial mindset and “put in the work” to get results that stand you out. You’re not one to make excuses even when the going gets tough or things aren’t going to plan.
- Collaborative: You favor working in a team with people across different disciplines, organizational levels, cultures, demographics, skills, and experience levels.
- Open-minded: You don’t carry a fixed mindset or unnecessary biases/stereotypes that prevent you from seeing other people’s points of view, opportunities, and unconventional solutions. Mental, emotional, and cultural flexibility is key.
- Ruthless Executor: You are able to break away from the norm, and deliver the highest quality of work. You’re not intimidated by positions, nay-sayers, or daunting tasks.
- Finally, you just need a touch of the following;
- Fluent Communication (both written and verbal)
- Appreciation for change and technological advancement
- Willingness to learn and grow
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
If you are passionate about solving problems, ambitious and hungry for success, and want to join a closely knit special elite team that can be likened to the US Navy Seals or Delta Force (but in the corporate space), then this is your opportunity. A chance to do something big; real groundbreaking work that builds your all round competence.
In addition to your competitive compensation & statutory benefits, we offer;
- Opportunity to work remotely (you don’t need to be in the office unless you are required to)
- A learning & development budget (for any relevant skills the business may be in need of)
- Travel opportunities & expense allowance (meet people and experience different cultures)
- Exposure to various technologies and technology stacks (so many tech skills to pick up)
- A structured support system to ensure your mental health (weekly personal sustainability chats)
- Exposure to senior leadership and stakeholders at various levels (maximum visibility)
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high-impact industry.
- The chance to work in an open-minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with a profound impact on the world.
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
- We believe that diversity (of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, personality type, perspective, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different) enriches innovation and our competitiveness in the market.
- We strive to ensure diverse perspectives inform critical decisions, and we actively work towards ensuring all Greenlighters feel like they belong. We also know that sustaining an inclusive workplace requires conscious effort and is a continuous journey, not an end-state.
- Sun King recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes individuals based on experiences and demonstrated job performance, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About Greenlight Planet
Sun King products range from portable solar lamps to more robust multi-light solar home systems, to solar-powered televisions and fans and energy-efficient inverter bulbs. Our products drastically improve the quality of life for those that lack reliable electricity access: they help extend the number of productive, income-generating hours in a day; they enable children to study after dark; they allow families and communities to gather safely to socialize after sunset; and when replacing field based sources of light like kerosene lamps, they reduce exposure to indoor air pollution.
We reach our customers through two distinct business models: a vast network of more than 300 distribution partners across 40 countries, and through our EasyBuy™ Direct sales channel, where we sell directly to consumers in India, Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia through a network of more than 15,000 commission sales agents. Our customers have the option to purchase these products upfront or to pay for them through an installment payment plan over a period of 4-18 months through our Sun King EasyBuy™ line, our technology-enabled ‘pay-as-you-go’ (PAYG) systems.
Greenlight employs close to 2000 people in 11 countries across sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. We are passionate about serving off-grid customers, and we are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with a profound impact on the world.
Greenlight is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Women represent 47% of Greenlight’s workforce.
To apply for this job please visit greenlightplanet.pinpointhq.com.