Position: Budget and Reporting Analyst
Type: Full Time
About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices, and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We aim to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fueling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high-growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
QuickCheck is a Nigerian Fintech Startup with the mission of becoming the one-stop platform for micro-entrepreneurs and small business owners to solve their financial needs. Branchless. Responsible. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by more than 2.5 Million people. It has processed over 5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 120+ people, from multiple locations around the world, hustling every day to make our crazy vision a reality – and won’t rest until our app is used every day by millions of entrepreneurs!
About the Job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a ‘hands-on’ Budget and Report Analyst to join its team in Lagos. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing factual insights for precise steering by the ExCo and Board.
- Developing Company-wide budget for both monthly and yearly with managers
- Reviewing proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with company standards
- Consolidating monthly management report with the organizational budget for review
- Vetting funding requests for merit and authenticity
- Monitoring spending and keeping the organization within its set budget
- Preparing business plan and forecast for revenue, opex/staff, etc
- Defending budget recommendations with data and evidence-based analyses
- Creating financial/ business reports for Management and developing tools and processes to automate reports.
- Analyzing large amounts of data relating to financial performance.
- Aligning reports to business objectives and key performance indicators.
- Collaborating with exco and board in preparation and identifying business areas and needed reports.
- Carryout other responsibilities as may be directed by superior officers and/or Management.
- 2 to 3 years of working experience in budgeting, reporting, management, or financial control
- High attention to detail, and ability to work with less supervision
- Good communication skills
- Advanced skills in spreadsheet
- Substantial financial modeling skills with experience in valuation and valuation metrics
- Good experience in building models and budgets from the scratch is an added advantage.
- Professional certification like; CIMA, ICAN, ACCA, and/ or FMVA is an added advantage
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 😎
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication, and get shit done attitude
- Pension, Life, and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of remote working depending on the role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.seedstars.com.