Position: Brand Storyteller
Type: Full Time
Kora is a payment infrastructure. We offer plug-and-play payment solutions for businesses to launch a tailored payment experience for their customers.
Our vision, which is at the core of what we do every day, is to create a world void of digital financial barriers across Africa. We are committed to delivering reliable, secure, and easy-to-use digital financial solutions to every single customer with a guarantee that it is improving their lives.
We strongly believe in our ability to find Water in the Desert and pick the Sands in the Ocean.
We value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
About the role:
The brand storyteller is responsible for developing multimedia content that provides information and showcases Kora’s products and services. You will create valuable content for Kora’s website, blog posts, feature announcements, thought leadership posts and marketing copy.
In collaboration with cross-functional teams, you are essential to ensuring that Kora’s brand messaging and tone of voice are consistent across various platforms.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be required to:
- Write compelling copy for Kora’s platforms that are clear and in line with the brand’s personality. These include:
- Writing and delivering persuasive copy for Kora’s website and landing pages and social pages
- Writing and editing blog content
- Creating engaging copy for brochures, concept notes, one-pagers and other sales collateral.
- Completing writing projects, and following content requirements in terms of style and project specifications.
- Liaising with the compliance department to ensure copy and content compliant
- Ensure the brand’s voice, and tone is consistent in all content and according to the brand’s guidelines.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximise online visibility of Kora’s website in search results.
- Provide well-researched written content through a variety of mediums, translating technical content into well-understood and easy-to-digest information
- Other duties assigned.
What you’ll need:
You are qualified if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience as a content writer for different audiences and formats.
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio.
- High-quality writing skills with a strong command of English.
- Have experience in researching and crafting SEO-focused content.
- Have experience in multimedia storytelling
- Understand persuasive copy to influence leads, prospects and customers.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g WordPress).
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously.
- Proficiency with writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Office Tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with colleagues.
- Health Insurance
- Sponsored and Tailored training
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Style
- Internet Contribution
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Interest-free Loans
- Employee-Assisted Programs
- Day off on your Birthday
- Great company culture and the opportunity to work with a highly collaborative team building something great!
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.