Position: Back End Developer
Company: Tek Experts
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Category: Information Technology
Work Location Type: WFH optional
Req ID: 8858
Tek Experts is looking for a Back End Developer who will be a key player in our Product Development Outsourcing business. Our developers love to learn and have a passion for technology. They’re known for their expertise in solving the most complex tech challenges while having fun and being part of a dynamic and collaborative team.
In this role, you’ll join a team creating the financial services and banking industries of tomorrow, helping an innovative fintech company that is committed to transforming the retail space in Africa. Based at our clients’ location on Victoria Island, you’ll develop software applications to enable the organization’s consumers and merchants.
A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
For more than a decade, we’ve been growing, learning, and helping talented people like you advance their technology careers. At Tek Experts, you’ll build your expertise while your achievements are elevated and celebrated.
We’ll be with you from the start with the training and tools to ensure you succeed. Plus, you’ll get ongoing learning and development opportunities, and thrive as part of our supportive work culture.
Being a part of Tek Experts means you can develop your career across multiple clients and technologies and be at the leading edge of development now, and in the future.
We know diverse teams make the strongest teams. Our team members come from all cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Sound like you? Keep reading to see the details of the role and take the next step in your career by applying today.
Leverage your software development skills in the financial services industry
We’re seeking a driven programmer to develop innovative applications and software. You’ll be responsible for the application’s functionality, performance, and scalability. The position will involve working closely with team members to integrate the application with all required systems and services.
This will be a challenging but rewarding role that requires effective communication and collaboration as well as a keen attention to detail and the ability to learn and adapt to emerging technologies.
- Design and develop the business logic and backend systems of the product
- Work closely with front-end developers to design and develop functional, performing, and complete APIs
- Decipher existing companies’ software systems and hook in applications to applicable data sources
- Develop high-quality, well-documented, and efficient code
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Collaborate with the team to provide efficient and innovative solutions
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in computer science or another related field
- 4-5 years of direct programming experience in back-end development using common languages and frameworks
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programing and engineering principles
- Knowledge of Java, Spring, SQL, Linux, Redis knowledge, KeyCloak
- Experience with database systems and extensive experience writing and utilizing autonomous services-oriented API services and performance tuning large-scale apps
- Ability to write effective unit, integration, and API tests
- Deep understanding of Agile methodologies and the Agile development process
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortability with pair programming, continuous integration, test-driven development, and incremental design
- Knowledge of immutable infrastructure, infrastructure automation, and provisioning tools is a plus
- Passion for emerging technologies and their impact
- Open to new ideas and eager to learn and gain new skills
- A self-starter who thrives in a culture built around radical transparency and trust
- Professional fluency in English is vital, both written and spoken